Cybersecurity Analyst badge earners learn about systems security, network infrastructure, access control, risk mitigation, cryptography, organizational security, and monitoring and detecting security incidents. Participants prepare for two highly recognized IT professional certifications: CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA CySA+.
Prerequisite: CompTIA Network+ or equivalent experience.
- Identify the fundamental components of information security
- Identify, analyze, and manage risk
- Manage identity and access
- Implement security for hosts, software, and networks
- Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments
- Analyze attacks on computing and network environments
- Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments
- Address security incidents and ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident
LAP8022 CompTIA Security+
Provides vendor-neutral instruction on systems security, network infrastructure, access control, risk mitigation, cryptography, and organizational security. Covers workstation and server security, network vulnerabilities, risk assessments, monitoring tools, network security tools, authentication, rights and privileges, encryption, and disaster recovery. Helps prepare for CompTIA Security+ certification.
LAP8023 CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+
Covers the duties of those who are responsible for monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks, and for executing a proper response to such incidents. Introduces tools and tactics to manage cybersecurity risks, while promoting a comprehensive approach to security on the front lines of defense. Learn how to identify various types of common threats, evaluate an organization's security, collect and analyze cybersecurity intelligence, and handle incidents as they occur. This course prepares students for the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+ (Exam CS0-001) and fulfills DoD directive 8570.01 for information assurance (IA) training. Prerequisites: CompTIA Network+ or equivalent knowledge required. CompTIA Security+ recommended.