Cisco CCNA Network Specialist
Cisco CCNA Network Specialist digital badge earners understand standard networking
devices, terms, and concepts. Participants demonstrate the ability to select, connect,
configure, and troubleshoot Cisco switches and routers, as they are commonly used
in small to medium-sized networks. Badge earners know how to install, operate, configure,
and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network, including configuring a LAN switch, configuring
an IP router, and identifying basic security threats.
Prerequisite: CompTIA Network+ training or equivalent experience. Knowledge of IP addressing recommended.
- Describe Networking Topology
- Build a simple LAN
- Establish Internet connectivity (OSI Model and TCP/IP Model)
- Manage network device security (SSH, passwords and Access-list)
- Describe TCP/IP V4 and V6
- Optimize and troubleshoot routing and switching issues in LAN environment
- Define the components and functions of a WAN
- Configure routing and switching (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF,VTP)
- Manage Cisco device configurations and IOS images (backup/restore configs and Images)
LCI8001 Cisco CCNA Network Specialist
Introduces standard networking terms, concepts and devices. Focuses on the selection, connection, configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco switches and routers as they are commonly used in small- to medium-sized networks. Helps students prepare for the CCNA certification exams. Must have CompTIA Network+ training or equivalent experience prior to enrollment.