Office of International Education
The Office of International Education at Harper College shares our sympathies with students, faculty, and staff affected by the conflict in Ukraine. Harper College and the Office of International Education are doing their best to gather and provide necessary support during this evolving situation.
Established in 2014 by consolidating several areas associated with global campus programming, study abroad, and faculty development, the Office serves as a resource to the college in its mission to educate students for leadership in an increasingly complex global society. Through collaborative programming and curricula, OIE strives to ensure that all students have the knowledge and understanding of culture, language, history, geography, and global perspectives necessary to succeed in a world marked by interdependence, diversity, and rapid change. Harper College is a Board Member College of Community Colleges for International Development (CCID).
Internationalization @ Harper College
Our innovative approach to campus internationalization, Roadmap to the World, consists of three conceptual coordinates that chart the course of our approach to comprehensive campus internationalization:
- Strategic Planning: Developed every 5 years, our Strategic Plan for Internationalization articulates the goals, objectives, of activities of the Office of International Education. Click here to view our latest Strategic Plan: Global Vision 2025.
- Global Region of Focus: Winner of the 2018 NAFSA Senator Paul Simon Spotlight Award and the 2020 IIE Andrew Heiskell Award for Innovation in International Education, this initiative organizes campus internationalization efforts in a 3-year cycle of faculty development, study abroad, and campus programming centered around a region of the world.
- International Mobility: We provide opportunities for our students and faculty to research, work, and study abroad and hosting international scholars on our campus.
- Study Abroad Programs
- Social Justice Leadership Certificate Program
- Faculty Resources
- Global Scholar Distinction
- Overview of International Education at Harper College
Dr. Richard Johnson