Honors Program Admissions Criteria and Application
Criteria for entrance into Harper College's Honors Program
You must fulfill any two (2) of the following:
- Cumulative high school grade point grade point average of a 3.5+ on a 4.0 scale; or 4.5+ on a 5.0 scale.
- SAT combined score of 1200 or higher (or ACT composite score of 25 or higher).
- Harper GPA of at least 3.5 with 12 hours of courses at 101 level or above.
- Letters of recommendation from two Harper College instructors.
- Written consent from Honors Program Coordinator, Harper College Honors Society.
Three easy steps to being accepted into the Honors Program
The online version of the application is automatically submitted to the Honors Program Co-Coordinators.
For printed applications, please turn them into the Liberal Arts Division Office, L203. As indicated on the application, be sure that it's addressed to John Garcia or Alicia Tomasian, Honors Program Co-Coordinators.
Our Administrative Assistant will get in touch with you to set up an interview appointment of approximately than 30 minutes. Download the Travel Waiver .PDF and Multimedia Release .PDF and bring them to your scheduled interview.