Questions to Ask During a Transfer Fair
- Does your school offer [major/minor program]? If so, can you tell me about it?
- Are certain majors more competitive to gain admission to than others?
- What percent of applicants are accepted to the university?
- Is housing available to transfer students?
- May students change their major once they are admitted to the university?
- Will my AP (advanced placement) credit transfer over? If so, how will it transfer
over? (elective credit? general education credit?)
- Is there a policy that allows students to be admitted in one term and to defer to
a subsequent term?
- How is the grade point average (GPA) used in the admission process?
- As a transfer student, are there any drawbacks to applying to your campus as an undeclared
- For my [major/minor] does your campus allow students to complete required course work
in the Summer prior to Fall term enrollment?
- Are there any specific requirements for certain programs at the university?
- Are there courses I need to complete prior to transfer? (i.e., Math or English)
- What is the application deadline if I were applying for the Fall? Spring?
- What are your admission requirements? (i.e., GPA or # of credits completed)
- How do I arrange a campus visit and tour?
- How would I go about having my credits evaluated? What grades are required?
- If I repeat a class, do you count only the repeat grade?
- What is the typical class size at your institution?
- Do you offer online, accelerated, evening classes? If so, can an entire degree be
completed online, at night, or at a faster pace?
- What financial aid programs does the college have?
- What is the amount of the average financial aid package awarded to students at the
- Are there separate deadlines for admission and scholarship applications?
- Can you tell me about other fees and costs in addition to tuition?
- Do you offer any payment plans for tuition?
- Are there any scholarships available for transfer students? What are the application
- What is the financial aid process at your school? What are deadlines for Fall? Spring?
- Do you offer scholarships for Phi Theta Kappa? If so what is the amount awarded to
- Does your university have [name of club/organization/activity]?
- What kind of recreational activities are available on campus?
- What is campus life like at your institution? Is it easy to get involved?
- Do you have a variety of diverse student groups on campus?
- In terms of walking distance, how far are the classroom buildings from each other?
- Is there job placement help for graduates?
- What do most graduates from the university go on to do?
- I want to do [job/career field] after college.
- Is there something at the university that could help me pursue that?