Your cover letter is an important introduction that clearly shows your interest in the position, connects your skills and qualifications as they relate to the specific position that you are applying for and your interest in meeting with the employer for an interview.
- Always submit a cover letter with your resume unless directed not to by the employer
- Tailor each cover letter to the position you are applying for and highlight quality skills and experience you possess that meet the employers needs using keywords from the job posting
- Address letter to the appropriate recipient name or “Hiring Manager”; Do not use “Dear Sir or Madam” or “To Whom it May Concern”
- Use the same font, size and type as your resume and references
- ALWAYS check spelling and grammar!!