Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) program at Harper College provides men and women from diverse ages and backgrounds with the training and skills necessary to enter the HVAC/R industry. Students cultivate the skills and gain hands-on practical knowledge required to become proficient in working with comfort mechanical systems.
The program’s emphasis on competency ensures students successfully perform hands-on training to industry standards with the support and supervision of qualified instructors who have extensive experience in the field of HVAC/R.
The state-of-the-art HVAC/R Lab gives students hands-on experience working with more than 70 pieces of major equipment and both commercial and residential units.
Harper College offers an Associate in Applied Science degree in Refrigeration/Air Conditioning Technology, designed for those seeking immediate entry or advancement in the field.
Harper College offers certificate programs that focusing on the installation, maintenance and repair of various HVAC/R systems. These certificates are stackable, and credit can be applied toward the AAS degree. Note: New curriculum begins Spring 2018.
- Residential Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Certificate
- Residential Comfort Systems Certificate
- Refrigeration Service Certificate
- Heating Service Certificate
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Service Certificate
- Redesigned curriculum (starting Spring 2018) and new labs integrate commercial and building automation
- Certificates build toward associate's degree
- Transferable college credits and credentials
- Financial assistance, grants and scholarships available
- Day, evening and weekend programs
- On-site industry certification