Welcome to Campus Recreation
Attention Health and Recreation Center Members!
As Illinois continues to relax restrictions, the Foglia Foundation Health and Recreation Center (a partnership between Harper College, Northwest Community Healthcare and Palatine Park District) has begun a phased reopening including:
- NCH reopened its Outpatient Care Center this past November.
- Indoor pool opened to Palatine Park District swim team for team practices in early February.
- Limited lap swimming is now available (reservations required) for Palatine Park District indoor pool pass holders, current Health and Recreation Center members, students currently attending the Spring 2021 teram, and Harper students that attended Harper College in 2020. Learn more.
This phased, limited opening will provide us time to monitor the effectiveness of our procedures and make necessary adjustments. Thank you for your patience and for understanding that we may need to adapt our plans as the situation evolves to help protect the community’s health and safety. Learn more about Harper’s COVID-19 response on our advisory page.
The Department of Campus Recreation is committed to enriching the quality of life of Harper students and the surrounding community by providing innovative, educational and recreational opportunities and programs. We are currently offering virtual workouts daily provided by our certified group fitness instructors as we want you to stay healthy and physically fit while practicing social distancing. Check out our schedule by clicking on the blue box below.
Spring I Virtual Workout Session - Begins Monday, January 18 and ends Sunday, March 21
- Format change! Monday: Full Body Circuit Training w/Cindy
- New! Thursday - Live Zumba w/Maryann - 5 p.m. (*offered on select dates - see schedule below)
- Format change! Sunday - Pilates Cross Training w/Jenn
*Zumba Schedule : January 21, February 4, February 18, February 25, March 11, March 18
Three Ways to Join Our Daily Virtual Workouts:
- Current Virtual Fitness Schedule or Mobile Device Fitness Schedule
- Harper Events Calendar
- Harper Campus Recreation Facebook page @HarperCampusRec
Upcoming Virtual Events
Nutrition Tips to Boost Energy: Wednesday, March 3 at 11 a.m.
Are you ready to boost your energy and support your own good health through nutrition and diet? Tune in on Wednesday, March 3 as Christina Fitzgerald, MS, RD, LDN, shares ways to boost your energy and help create positive and lasting habits to combat fatigue and help guard against illness, depression and other chronic conditions.
Meditation, Breath Work and Stretch with Daniel: Wednesday, March 10 at 8:30 a.m.
Life can be stressful - check in with your body and your mind as you focus on your breath. Daniel will lead you through mindful meditations, natural body movements and breathing techniques aimed to calm the nervous system and disarms the flight or fight response. All levels welcome and no equipment needed.
Spring Six-Week Training Program: Begins Week of March 29
Our six-week program is a great way to get results while training anywhere, anytime. This training program can be accessed through the MyWellness App by TechnoGym where you can view your workouts, access how-to videos, track your health data and log your workouts. The six-week training program includes a self-administered pre and post fitness assessment and three weekly easy to follow strength and flexibility workouts, designed for all levels by our certified personal trainers. Registration opens soon.
- Harper Student Involvement
- Harper Wellness
- Harper Hawks Athletics
- Palatine Park District (PPD)
- Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH)
Coronavirus (COVID19) Update
The Foglia Foundation Health and Recreation Center (Building M) has begun opening on a limited basis. Harper’s COVID -19 Response team continues to monitor data and regional guidance on a weekly basis. The safety of our students, faculty and staff are our only priority. Please continue to check the Harper Advisory web page for updates. For inquiries regarding the Health and Recreation Center closure, please contact Julie Bearden at 847.925.6801 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For membership questions please contact Dimitra Zougras at 847.925.6815 or email@example.com. Please visit our FAQ page for more information.