Fitness Equipment Orientations
We offer a variety of orientations led by our certified personal trainers. Orientations are held at the fitness center at the Health and Recreation Center (Building M) three times a week beginning Tuesday, January 18 and are free to Health and Recreation Center members.
Our orientations are perfect for anyone who:
- is new to the Health and Recreation Center
- new to working out
- wants to switch up their usual workout
- wants to meet a workout buddy
Choose from any of the following orientations. Registration is required.
Cardio Equipment Orientation
In this orientation, we will walk you through and show you how to use the cardio equipment so that you can maximize your workouts by learning how to utilize all features of the equipment.
- Wednesday, January 26 from 9 - 10 a.m.
- Thursday February 3 from 12 - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 15 from 6 - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 23 from 9 - 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 3 from 12 - 1 p.m.
Functional Strength Training Equipment Orientation
Learn how to ease the strain of everyday life with our functional strength equipment. We will walk you through and show you how to use the LifeFitness Cable Motion machines, the SYNRGY360 system, Kettlebells, TRX, bands and medicine balls. We will also demonstrate some common exercises that can be done to improve your functional fitness.
- Thursday January 27 from 12 - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 8 from 6 - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 16 from 9 - 10 a.m.
- Thursday, February 24 from 12 - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 8 from 6 - 7 p.m.
Selectorized Weight Machine Orientation
Want to target specific muscle groups with some assistance? Learn how to use our Matrix selectorized machines to target your upper body, lower body and core. This orientation will walk you through how to use machines like the Leg Extension, Prone Leg Curl, Leg Press, Shoulder Press, Lat Pulldown, Chest Press, and Abdominal machines to name a few.
- Tuesday, February 1 from 6 - 7p.m.
- Wednesday, February 9 from 9 - 10 am
- Thursday, February 17 from 12 - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 1 from 6 - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 9 from 9 - 10am
Free Weight / Power Lifting Orientation
Ready to get into weightlifting and/or power lifting or switch up your current routine? Look no further! In this orientation, we will walk you through the ins and outs of the free weight area including Dumbbells, Barbells. Squat Racks, Power Lifting Platforms, so you can take your fitness to the next level.
- Tuesday, January 25 from 6 - 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 2 from 9 - 10 a.m.
- Thursday February 10 at 12 - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 22 at 6 -7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 2 at 9 -10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 10 at 12 - 1 p.m.
How Do I Sign Up?
To register for any of our FREE equipment orientations, please complete the registration form today! A member of the fitness staff will confirm your appointment prior to the date of your orientation.
Please contact Laura Crisman with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-925-6825