The Library supports the Mission, Philosophy, Vision and Core Values of Harper College. We are committed to providing resources and services, as well as physical space, computing facilities, and reference assistance to support and enhance teaching and learning. The Library responds to patrons’ informational needs by developing, maintaining and improving access to a balanced collection of materials, both physical and online, as well as providing access to programs and services that reflect the full range of diversity of the college community.
- To acquire, provide, and preserve access to books, periodicals, and non-print material that best support and enrich the curriculum.
- To teach library patrons how to find information and evaluate it effectively.
- To create an educational environment that encourages and advances learning.
- To provide sufficient study space, computer workstations and accommodating hours of operation.
- To provide a formal library instruction program detailing general and subject-specific research skills for students, employees, and the community.
- To assist faculty in ordering materials that will enhance classroom performance.
- To cooperate with other Libraries and consortia in sharing resources to provide optimal access to information.
- To evaluate library resources and services on a regular basis and to participate in the College institutional program review process.
- To encourage the use of the Library by building awareness of our collections, resources, and service.