Welcome to the Harper College Library! While students are an important part of our
work in the Library, we are here for employees as well!
As a Harper employee, you have access to library resources including:
- Borrowing privileges to our vast collection of books, magazines, movies, vinyl, and
more! (Your employee ID is your library card)
- Access to electronic resources (Your MyHarper credentials are your login credentials)
- Free use of machines in The Make Shop (only cost is for materials)
Here are some of the highlights of what we offer:
- Books! We have books for research but also fun. For example, we have graphic novels, YA novels,
best-selling fiction, cookbooks, audiobooks, etc. You can find books using our online catalog. If we don’t have what you want, we can even borrow materials for you from other
- Ebooks! We subscribe to eRead Illinois, which provides ebooks and e-audiobooks. You can search eRead Illinois directly. You can even download the Axis 360 app so you can read on your tablet, phone, etc.
- The Make Shop! Our makerspace is focused on creativity, exploration, and collaboration. We have a
wide variety of machines, including a button maker, sewing machine, Cricut, laser
cutter, 3D printer, and much more. You can drop in during our open hours, make an
appointment, attend an event, or even schedule a group activity for your department.
(Charges may apply for materials). Visit The Make Shop website for details.
- Events! One of our most popular event series is One Book, One Harper, where we select books
on a common theme and host book discussions, guest speakers, and other activities.
Events are announced on the Library homepage and often in InsideHarper.
- Databases! As a Harper employee, you have access to tons of subscription tools to find articles,
newspapers, streaming videos, etc. Our complete list of databases is on our website—just use your Harper username and password to log in. You don’t have to be doing
academic research to use our tools either. Some interesting and useful databases include:
- Help! Our librarians are here to help employees, too. You can use our online chat service, give us a call, or stop by the Library any time we’re open. We can help you find a book, a movie, an article, or an answer to your research
We hope you're able to take advantage of all the Library has to offer employees!