If you do not see your question answered here, you can search our additional Frequently Asked Questions as well as submit new questions to the Library.
Students are not able to enter the library due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Printouts can be requested and picked up outside of the Wojcik Conference Center. Here is the current info...
Standard pick up times are:
- Tuesday, 8:30am-11:00am
- Wednesday, 1:00pm-3:30pm
- Thursday, 8:30am-11:00am
- Friday, 1:00pm-3:30pm
You will be notified when your printed items are completed and can be picked up on campus. DO NOT come to campus unless you receive an email notification that your items are available.
Questions or Inquiries?
Call 847.925.6514 or
Instructions for File Submission
- Visit https://harpercollege.webdeskprint.com/PSP/appNet/PrintOrderPublic/Landing.aspx?LPID=5
- Access your account using your Harper login information (User Id and Password).
- Your account will be activated after the first time you log in.
- Once logged in, you can submit files for print.
- Select "Upload Files for Print".
- 2-sided, black and white copies will automatically be set as the job type.
- Choose from 8.5x11 (standard printer paper size) or 11x17.
- Follow on screen instructions to select stapling or 3-hole punch.
- You will be prompted to upload your file.
- You will get an email to your Harper account when the job is complete. This email will include instructions for pick up.
The ID Card Office in Building J is currently closed. If you wish to request a student ID Card, please fill out this form and a representative will respond with additional information within 2 Business Days.
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the only in-person service we currently offer is Curbside Service. Although our physical study rooms are not available, we do offer virtual study rooms via Blackboard Collaborate as an alternative to Zoom or Webex.
If you would like to set up a virtual study room ahead of time, you can make a reservation here.
If you would like to request a virtual study room immediately, please reach out via the library chat page.
Material is placed on Reserve by instructors to assure its availability and accessibility
for class use. Reserve items may be borrowed by Harper students, faculty and staff.
Items on reserve may include:
Some items are on reserve to prevent loss. The loan periods of Reserve materials are:
- 2 hours: Materials are signed out for that period and are usually for Room Use Only.
- Overnight Materials circulate for one day including the day the item is checked out. The following day is the due date.
- 3 days: Materials circulate for three days including the day the item is checked out, the following day, and the third day, which is the due date.
- 1 week: Materials circulate for seven days from the day checked out.
- Electronic: Materials are accessible through the online catalog.
- Reserve material may not be renewed.
- Faculty, staff, and administrators are required to adhere to reserve loan periods and restrictions.
Procedure for Putting Items on Reserve for Teachers
- Collect the materials you want to put on reserve and bring them with you when you submit your Reserve request
- Please remember that your students may not be the only patrons who wish to use items on a particular topic. We ask that you do not to put every item the Library owns, on a subject, on Reserve.
- You may place your own materials on reserve, provided that it does not violate copyright law.
- Fill out the reserve item form available at the circulation desk or using the following Form
- Items gathered for reserve can usually be processed and given a status of "Reserve" within 24 hours of the Library's receiving it.
- Please e-mail Amanda Oddo (x6904) with questions.
Procedure for Putting Items on Electronic Reserve for Teachers
- Collect the materials or citations you want to put on electronic reserve.
- You may place your own materials on electronic reserve, provided that it does not violate copyright law. For non-library items, or items not currently available through the library databases, faculty will need to show fair use compliance or a letter of permission to use the items electronically.
- Fill out the reserve item form available at the circulation desk, or via the U drive. (U:\Forms\LRC\ereserves.rtf) E-mail the form to Amanda Oddo (x6904), or drop it off at the Library Checkout desk.
- The library will check citations for online availability, download, scan and post them in the Library Catalog Course Reserves section.
- Items gathered for reserve can usually be processed and given a status of "Reserve" within 48 hours of the Library's receiving it.
Please e-mail or phone Amanda Oddo (x6904) with questions.
Harper College district residents over the age of 14 are eligible to receive borrowing privileges.
To sign-up, visit the library and provide the following: proof of residency and photo identification. The following are accepted proofs of residency: driver’s license, state ID, passport, mortgage or lease papers, vehicle registration or insurance card, utility bill, or bank statement. All forms of identification used for proof of residency must have name and current address listed. Your library account will be renewed yearly with proof of residency.
District residents can borrow a maximum of 10 items at a time.
Books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs are all available for check-out.
Newspapers and magazines are available for in-library use.
Course reserves and laptops are only available to current Harper College students and employees
Not sure if you are in Harper’s district? Click here for more information on residency.
Instructor's additional material (The Library is not responsible for these items).
|Media Type||Per Day Fine|
|Books and Audiobooks||$0.25|
|DVDs and Blu-rays||$1.00|
|Hourly Reserve Items||$1.00 (per hour)|
|Daily Reserve Items||$2.00|
|Laptops||$5.00 (per hour)|
Harper College faculty are fined for the following:
- Recalled Items
- Lost Items
Other fines are excused provided that the material is returned.
The Make Shop is a collaborative work space for making, learning, exploring and sharing using high tech to no tech tools. The Make Shop Will be opening over the summer or fall semester and will be open to students, employees, and Harper district residents. Users will be charged a small fee to cover equipment and supplies. Equipment for the Make Shop will include;
- Laser Cutter
- Large Format Printer
- Vinyl Cutter
- Sewing Machines
- Button maker
- Offsite 3d printing
Fees for the Make Shop are listed here.
The Library is located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the David K. Hill Family Library (F) building. Campus Map
- Helpful librarians, always ready to answer questions
- Popular children’s books
- Reference collection of encyclopedias, atlases and bilingual dictionaries
- Popular magazines and journals in Spanish and English
- Paperback exchange
- Select collection of ESL books including ESL readers
- GED test preparation books
- Electronic journals and databases
- Computer/Internet access with MS Office software on select computers
- Free wireless Internet
- Main campus library books available upon request
- The daily Chicago Tribune
Bring your Harper ID!
- Materials available for checkout for current Harper students, faculty and staff only
- Children under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- >Los bibliotecarios están siempre dispuestos a ayudar y contestar sus preguntas
- Libros populares para niños
- Amplia Colección de enciclopedias, atlas y diccionarios bilingües
- Diarios y revistas populares en español e inglés
- Intercambio de libros encuadernados
- Seleccionada colección de libros de ESL incluyendo la serie de ESL Readers
- Libros para prepararse para el examen de GED
- Diarios electrónicos y bases de datos
- Acceso a computadora e internet ciertas computadoras tienen el programa de MS Office
- Libros de la biblioteca principal de Harper están disponibles a petición
- Identificación de Harper requerida: unicamente estudiantes inscritos en Harper pueden sacar libros de la biblioteca
- Niños menores de 14 años tienen que estar acompañados por un adulto.
1375 Wolf Road, Prospect Heights
Map and Directions