Semester Loan Technology
**The library is currently out of Chromebooks, hot spots, and calculators. At this time, we are unable to take any additional online requests until further notice. If you would like to be added to our technology wait list, please contact us at 847.925.6584 or visit us in the library. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Here are additional options for internet access:
- Harper College Library
- Your local public library
- Affordable Connectivity Program: Check to see if you qualify for a reduction in internet service rates through this program
- Comcast Internet Essentials: Contract-free internet access for $9.95 a month
The Harper College Library's Semester Loan Technology program allows students access to technology that otherwise may be unavailable. You can learn more about what technology is available as well as the procedure that is followed to get this technology to you below. You can get started by filling out this request form. Once you receive your library technology, you can reference the user guides and video tutorials below to get started.
Check here for a full list of campus and community resources available for students.
- Chromebook - Laptop with Chrome Operating System as opposed to Windows 10 or Mac OS.
- Hot Spot - A device that receives a cellular signal and emits a Wifi signal so you may access the internet. *Required in order to use a Chromebook if you do not have Internet Service.
- Graphing Calculator - A calculator that is capable of plotting graphs, solving simultaneous equations, and performing other tasks with variables.
- Student initiates a request for materials by filling out this form.
- Library staff receive the request and send the student a technology contract after verifying the requester is a current Harper College student.
- Student agrees to the contract.
- Materials are pulled and placed on hold for the student.
- Student is then notified that the technology is ready to be picked up.
- Student comes to campus to pick up technology in the Library. *A photo ID is required when picking up technology*
If you have any additional questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology is picked up and returned in the Library during open building hours.
Yes, once you are registered for the following semester, please send us an email at email@example.com to request a renewal.
If you are having minor technical issues, please contact the Student Service Desk.
If you have a damaged Chromebook, please contact the library.
Calculators and Hot Spots
If you are having issues with a calculator or a hot spot, please contact the library.
You will need a personal Gmail account to login to the Chromebook. If you do not have one, click "More Options" on the login screen and select "Create Account." While your Harper email is powered by Gmail, it is not a Gmail account and cannot be used to login to the Chromebook.