Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
Start your career in diagnostic cardiac sonography
Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographers are highly skilled professionals who use specialized ultrasound equipment to record visual images of the heart. They work in hospitals and outpatient settings producing these echocardiograms to assist the physician in diagnosing heart disease.
This degree prepares the graduate to secure their American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography credential and entry-level work in the adult echo specialty area. The graduate also receives instruction in basic vascular sonography as well as EKG-related diagnostic testing. A clinical hospital experience in echocardiography is provided.
Harper College is offering this program at the single rate of tuition until Spring 2022 semester.
Prepare for a health profession
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is designed to prepare you for entry into this profession. Coursework in the AAS may also prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university. This is a limited-enrollment program.
- Admission Criteria and Process
- Catalog Course Descriptions
- Functional Abilities of Health Science Programs (be certain to review Functional Abilities Unique to Imaging Programs)
- Functional Abilities of Diagnostic Sonographers (PDF)
- Harper Career Paths: Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
- Program Effectiveness Measures
- Program Overview (pdf)
- Job Placement Resource Center
- Request Information
- Attend a Pre-Recorded Online Information Session
- Attend a Live Online Information Session
- Apply to Harper
For more information about the DCS program at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.