Safety Awareness Training
Harper now offers FREE four- and six-hour safety awareness courses for managers/supervisors and employees. Businesses with 2 to 250 employees are eligible to participate. Topics will include:
- Fall Hazard Awareness in Construction and General Industry
- Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls: A Training Program for Small Businesses
- Electrical Hazards Awareness (includes Lock Out Tag Out)
- Introduction to Safety and Health Management for Managers and Supervisors
Classes scheduled throughout the year. View and register for available classes.
Harper's FREE safety training will help you and your business:
- Avoid worker replacement costs
- Reduce employee turnover
- Reduce training expenses
- Avoid insurance premium increases
- Reduce workman’s compensation expenses
- Reduce time away from work
- Increase productivity and worker morale
- Improve customer service and quality
- Avoid workplace disruptions
- Avoid loss of productivity
The goal is to create a safer environment for all employees.
For more information, contact 847.925.6300.
Meet Our Instructors
- Tami Gilbert is a Registered Nurse with MSN, MBA, and Authorized Workplace Safety Trainer/Consultant by National Safety Education Center. Tami teaches OSHA 10-Hour and OSHA 30-Hour for General and Construction Industry. She beliefs that our health & safety needs are of the utmost importance in the workplace. Tami is known for helping many companies throughout Illinois avoid unfortunate accidents and reduce on the job injuries. Tami teaches Slips, Trips and Falls: A Program for Small Businesses.
- Mike Hartman is an OSHA Outreach Trainer and a Safety and Health consultant. Michael is a university-level instructor and instructs Fall Protection, HazMat, Respiratory Protection and Confined Space Protocols. Mike is a retired Fire Captain and Paramedic with over 31 years of service. During Michael’s firefighter career, he was also on the MABAS Division 1 Technical Rescue, HazMat and Underwater Search and Recovery teams. Mike instructs OSHA courses for the University of Texas at Arlington and at Military bases all over the world. Mike brings to our program a real-world view of how to avoid accidents from happening through prevention and preparation. Mike teaches Introduction to Safety and Health Management for Managers and Supervisors, as well as Fall Hazard Awareness in Construction and General Industry.
- Robin Coyne is a Certified Industrial Hygienist and a health and safety consultant authorized to provide General Industry OSHA Outreach Training. Robin has 40 years of real-world health and safety experience, having led programs in a variety of industries, including agricultural products, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, warehousing and distribution, metal fabrication, woodworking, print and pet food. She has extensive experience in health and safety policy/procedure development and training, industrial hygiene, hazard assessment, combustible dust, and incident investigation. Robin is a member of a National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine Committee. She earned a BS in Biomedical Engineering and an MBA.
Harper College provides these courses with the support of the Susan Harwood Training Grant. This grant provides training and education for workers and employers on workplace safety and health hazards, responsibilities and rights. Target audiences include businesses with two to 250 employees within the United States, including low-literacy, and high-hazard industry workers and employers.
Other free Safety Education courses available through our affiliates:
Note: Government employees are ineligible to participate due to grant regulations.
Disclaimer: This material was produced under grant number SH-99081-SH0 from the Occupational
Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily
reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of
trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government.