Questions to Ask the Interviewer
Interviewing is a conversation. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the job interview and the interviewer will very like gauge your interest in the position based on the questions you ask.
Do not ask about salary, benefits, vacations, or any other job perks. This kind of information is usually discussed in the second interview or later.
Reasonable questions to ask include:
- Was I clear on all my answers? Can I clarify an answer?
- What is a typical day like?
- How are evaluations conducted?
- Is this a new position or a position that is being filled by someone who previously left?
- What type of training is required and how long is it?
- What will the first 30 days in this position be like?
- What projects or issues do you foresee facing this department or company in the near future?
- What are the challenges of this position?
- What are the next steps in the hiring process?