Questions to Ask the Interviewer
Interviewing is a conversation. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the job interview and the interviewer will very likely gauge your interest in the position based on the questions you ask.
Do not ask about salary, benefits, vacations, or any other job perks. This kind of information is usually discussed in the second interview or later.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Questions to Ask an Employer:
- What does diversity and inclusion mean here?
- Are there any programs or initiatives in place at your company geared toward promoting diversity?
- Does your company use any training programs to help create an inclusive work environment?
- How can employees get involved in DE&I initiatives in your workplace?
- How do you celebrate diversity of ideas and people?
- You mentioned - or on your website you mention - XYZ has a commitment to diversity. How has the organization demonstrated that commitment?
Questions to Ask an Employer:
- What is a typical day like?
- What do you like most about working for this company?
- How has this position evolved?
- Can you give me examples of how I would collaborate with my manager?
- What are the challenges of this position?
- What have past employees done to succeed in this role?
- How and when are evaluations conducted?
- What type of training is required/available and how long does it last?
- Can you tell me about the team that I will be working with?
- How do you evaluate performance?
- What kind of people do well in your company?
- If I were successful, what would you like me to have achieved in the first 3 months?
- What are the next steps in the hiring process?