Questions to Ask the Interviewer
Interviewing is a conversation. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the job interview and the interviewer will very likely gauge your interest in the position based on the questions you ask.
Do not ask about salary, benefits, vacations, or any other job perks. This kind of information is usually discussed in the second interview or later.
Reasonable questions to ask include:
- What is a typical day like?
- What do you like most about working for this company?
- How has this position evolved?
- Can you give me examples of how I would collaborate with my manager?
- What are the challenges of this position?
- What have past employees done to succeed in this role?
- How and when are evaluations conducted?
- What type of training is required/available and how long does it last?
- Can you tell me about the team that I will be working with?
- How do you evaluate performance?
- What kind of people do well in your company?
- If I were successful, what would you like me to have achieved in the first 3 months?
- What are the next steps in the hiring process?