The Job Placement Resource Center staff can help support your students to prepare for and find a job.
Presentations can be arranged according to your class schedule and can be customized to the needs of your class. Sample presentations include: writing a resume/cover letter, job search strategies, interviewing, skills employers want and an overview of the Job Placement Resource Center.
Students may also make an appointment with a Workforce Coordinator for individualized assistance or come in during walk-in hours.
Resources for Faculty
- NEW! Online Resources
- Classroom Presentation Request
- Your Program Partners
- Classroom Assignments
- Sample Resumes
- Sample Cover Letters
- Big Interview
Resources for Blackboard
- Add the JPRC to your Blackboard course
- Have the JPRC customize information about job search to your program of study for your Blackboard shell
- Add this video about the JPRC to your Blackboard (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlulNhTuHU)
Resources for Students & Alumni
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview preparation and practice
- Job search and networking strategies
- Local job and internship/co-op opportunities
- Career ready skills
- Applications for student aide jobs
Harper's Online Job Management System - Hire a Hawk
Hire a Hawk is Harper's online job management system for full-time, part-time jobs and internships/co-ops. Students are able search for jobs, upload their resume and apply to jobs in their area of interest. Students and faculty can sign up for an account at: https://harpercollege-csm.symplicity.com/