Everyone coming to Harper College’s campus must wear a face mask over their nose and mouth when they are inside buildings. Masks are not required outdoors on campus when 6-foot social distancing can be maintained. We wear masks to protect others. Working together, we can ensure a safe environment for all.
Disposable masks are available in most offices on campus.
How to Properly Wear a Face Mask
- Masks must fit snugly and be worn over nose, mouth and chin.
- Neck gaiters and valved masks are not allowed.
For more information, see "How to Properly Wear a Facemask" (Johns Hopkins University).
A student may be asked to leave a classroom or building if they are not properly wearing a mask. Students may also be referred to Student Conduct if they do not follow the mask wearing guidelines.
- Employees may take off their masks if they are in their office and are alone.
- You may briefly remove your mask when actively eating or drinking.
- Anyone coming to campus must wear a mask, unless they have a medical reason or disability that prevents them from doing so. Students seeking an accommodation must contact the dean of students prior to coming to campus:
Mary Kay Harton
Employees seeking additional guidance for monitoring mask wearing may visit HIP.