International Student Application Process
International students are required to submit the following to the International Student Office at least eight weeks prior to the beginning of the semester in which they intend to begin their studies:
|Semester||Begins||Deadline to Submit Application|
Please see this brochure which explains the entire international student application process.
The Cost of Attendance is at the bottom of this page.
All International Student Applicants (F-1 Visa Status) must complete the following items to be considered for admission:
- You must apply online. Create a login name and a password to start your online application.
- An one-time, application fee of $25 (NON-REFUNDABLE) will be charged. You can pay by check or money order (U.S. funds) made payable to Harper College.
- Harper College charges a one-time $150 International Student Administrative fee (NON-REFUNDABLE). Check or money order made payable to Harper College. This fee may be paid by check, money order (U.S. funds), or online when you receive the application acknowledgement letter from Harper College. This letter will contain your Harper College Student ID number (H0_ _ _ _ _ _ _). With this number you can pay this $150 processing fee at this payment link.
Download form: SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION FORM
This two-page form must be completed and submitted with your Harper College application form.
- We require a copy of your passport, specifically the page with your photograph and identifying information.
- If you are currently residing in the U.S., we need a copy of your U.S. visa stamp and your printed Form I-94 record from www.cbp.gov/i94. Choose the "Get I-94 Number Now" link from the right side of the web page.
All international applicants must submit proof of English proficiency by submitting the results of the TOEFL iBT, or the IELTS:
- Applicants with a TOEFL iBT score of 79 or higher or an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher are eligible to take the college-level placement tests upon arrival at Harper College.
- Applicants with a TOEFL iBT score between 28 and 78 or an IELTS score between 3.5 and 6.0 are eligible to take the ESL placement tests upon arrival at Harper College.
- Applicants with a TOEFL iBT score below 28 or an IELTS score below 3.5 or no test scores are not eligible for admission as an F1 student to Harper College.
In the following circumstances and with appropriate documentation, applicants may qualify for admission to Harper College without submitting test results:
- Applicants who have graduated from a U.S. high school.
- Applicants who have successfully completed English 101 or its equivalent at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Applicants who have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university.
PLEASE NOTE: Once admitted to Harper College, you will take placement tests upon arrival at the college. These tests are given to determine the appropriate course level placement. If your placement test scores are too low, you may not be able to take classes at Harper College.
Download form: DEPENDENT, F-2 INFORMATION SHEET
- You will need to provide the citizenship, country of birth, date of birth, and gender information for all dependents (spouse and/or children) and provide a copy of each family member's passport, visa and I-94 card (if appropriate).
Provide the following items:
- a transcript from your current school
- a printed copy of your Form I-94 record from www.cbp.gov/i94
- copy of your current Form I-20
No transfer eligibility form is required for Harper College.
You must print out or save the forms to your computer and submit all completed forms by email to email@example.com
Cost of Attendance
|College Degree Program||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Credit Hours Required||12||12|
* $797.86 includes health insurance coverage for spring and summer months.
|Intensive English Program||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Credit Hours Required||15||15|
Important Notice to All Prospective International Students
Mandatory health insurance is required for all Harper College international students. Estimated annual fee is about $1,200.00; coverage for injuries and illnesses are a maximum of $250,000. Please request a brochure describing Harper College's health insurance for international students. DO NOT BUY A POLICY PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL AT HARPER COLLEGE OR YOU WILL PAY FOR TWO POLICIES.