Learning and Career Center in Prospect Heights
Jump start your career. These are short programs that give you hands-on experience. Classes are offered during the day and evening. Scholarships and other financial aid options are available. Students have free use of computers, library, WiFi and more.
All classes are held at the Learning and Career Center. Easy access from Prospect Heights, Wheeling and surrounding areas.
Choose from our credit certificates:
Learn core skills used in law enforcement programs for entry-level jobs in the security industry.
- Earn $15.17 hourly average*
- October 2018 to August 2019, Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Financial Aid eligible (FAFSA)
- View Private Security program .PDF
Learn basic supply chain logistics for career growth in warehouse operations, transportation, material handling, and order fulfillment.
- Wide pay range by job function and experience. More details available.
- August 2017 to May 2018 on Monday evenings
- A support course is available for qualifying students on Tuesday evenings
- View Logistics .PDF
Prepare for entry-level jobs such as administrative assistant, secretary and office services assistant.
- $17.90 hourly average*; Varies by experience and organization type
- August to December 2017 on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, plus a 70-hour, off-site internship
- A support course is available for qualifying students on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the early afternoon
- View Office Assistant .PDF
Advance in the lodging industry and participate in front desk activities, sales and supervision.
- $11.50 (entry level) to $24.93 (management) hourly average*
- August 2017 to May 2018, Mondays through Thursdays in the evening
- View Hotel Management Program .PDF
Learn basic care skills for patient well-being in healthcare facilities.
Two Schedule Options from September - December 2017:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, with a 40-hour mandatory and supervised clinical experience on Fridays starting October OR
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings, with a 40-hour mandatory and supervised clinical experience on Saturdays starting October
Learn skills and techniques involved in the collection of blood from patients or donors for diagnostic testing.
- Earn $17.73 hourly average*
- August to December 2017, Monday and Wednesday evenings. If taking Medical Terminology, it runs September to December on Tuesday evenings
- January to March 2018, Tuesday afternoon class, plus a three-week full-time clinical internship
- View Phlebotomy program .PDF
To waive the application fee, call 847.925.6212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Inquire. We can help.