Harper Heritage Society Luncheon
On Sunday, December 7, 2014, the Harper College Educational Foundation honored members
of the Harper Heritage Society at a recognition luncheon at Chicago Prime Steakhouse
and the Harper College Festival Chorus Christmas Concert. The Harper Heritage Society
recognizes donors who have made accommodations for the Harper College Educational
Foundation in their estate plans. Currently, over 35 individuals and couples are
members of the Harper Heritage Society. Members receive invitations to all Harper
College Educational Foundation events, invitations to members-only events, their name
on a plaque in the Performing Arts Center, and a certificate of appreciation.
- Harper Heritage Society members and their guests at the December 7 Appreciation Luncheon
held in their honor.
- Caroline Wawro, Harper College student and scholarship recipient, meets with Kris
Howard-Jensen, the donor of her scholarship.
- Diane Hill and Agnes Mynarska, the 2014-15 recipient of the David K. Hill Memorial
- Harper Heritage Society members enjoy the luncheon at Chicago Prime Steakhouse.
- Rich Hohol, Harper College Educational Foundation Board member and Mary Beth Dunne.
- Martha Bell, Harper College Educational Foundation Board member and Maryjane Kirkwood.
- Jeanne Pankanin and soon-to-be Harper College retiree Hazel Rilki.
- Harper College Retiree Mary Ann Jirak and Don Jirak.
- Harper Retiree Dr. Robert Zilkowski and his wife, Janet Zilkowski, share a laugh with
Harper College President Dr. Ken Ender.
- President of Harper College, Dr. Ken Ender and Harper College Educational Foundation
Board President Kathy Gilmer, welcome Henrietta Neeley (center) to the Harper Heritage
- Retired Harper College Dean of Wellness and Campus Activities, Jeanne Pankanin (center),
receives her Harper Heritage Society certificate from Dr. Ken Ender and Kathy Gilmer.
- Dr. Robin Turpin is honored by Dr. Ken Ender and Kathy Gilmer as the Harper Heritage
Society’s most recent member.
- Harper College Educational Foundation Board President, Kathy Gilmer, listens to Marcy
Heston, President of the Harper Festival Chorus, speak to the group about the concert
they will be seeing that afternoon.
- Caroline Wawro shares how receiving Foundation scholarships has helped her in her
- Agnes Mynarska talks to the group about her academic experience at Harper and how
receiving her Foundation scholarship has helped shaped her goals.