Presentations and Trainings Offered
Presentations and training sessions are offered to students, student organizations, staff, full-time and adjunct faculty, academic classes on a variety of topics Presentations can be catered to specific audiences. To schedule a presentation contact the Student Conduct Officer.
Frequently requested topics for each audience includes:
- Preventing and Responding to Academic Dishonesty
- Preventing and Responding to Challenging Classroom Behaviors
- The Odd Things Students Do....and What to Do About It
- FERPA: Isn't That a 5-Letter Word?
- Responding to Threatening, Disruptive, and Annoying Behaviors
- When to Refer to HEAT or Student Conduct
- Balancing Civility and Academic Freedom
- Addressing Emergencies in the Classroom
- Balancing Customer Service and Holding Students Accountable
- Setting and Maintaining Boundaries
- Holding Students (and other Employees) Accountable for Behavior
- FERPA and Documentation
- When to Contact HEAT, Student Conduct, or the Police
- Promoting Civility on Campus
- Addressing Emergencies in the Office
- Making Good Choices: How to Avoid Getting in Trouble in the First Place
- Setting Boundaries and Having Difficult Conversations
- Consent and Sexual Misconduct
- Intersection of Individual Responsibility and the Privilege of Being Part of a Community
- What are My Rights?