APCO Training Opportunities Co-Hosted by the Harper College Police Department
APCO International is the world’s oldest and largest organization of public safety communications professionals and supports the largest U.S. membership base of any public safety association. It serves the needs of public safety communications practitioners worldwide - and the welfare of the general public as a whole – by providing complete expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy and outreach.
- December 17-19, 2018 #51035 Communications Training Officer 5th Ed. (3 days)
- January 7 - 9, 2019 #51041 Communications Center Supervisor, 4th Ed. (3 days)
- January 8 - 11, 2019 #51042 Fire Service Communications, 2nd Ed. ((5 days)
- January 11, 2019 #51043 Call Processing Incident Involving Veterans with PTSD
- January 14, 2019 #51044 Public Safety Telecommunicator I, 7th Ed. (5 days)
- January 14 - 15, 2019 #51045 Comprehensive Quality (2 days)
- January 16, 2019 #51046 Bullying and Negativity in the Communications Center
IPMBA Training Opportunities Hosted by the Harper College Police Department
The International Police Mountain Bike Association (IPMBA) is a non-profit association dedicated to promoting the use of bikes for public safety, providing resources and networking opportunities, and offering the best, most complete training for public safety cyclists.
Registration Information: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- March 26th - 29th, 2019 Security Cyclist Course
Protect your beat! This course is designed for non-law enforcement security personnel who patrol a wide array of facilities. It produces confident, competent, and effective personnel who operate in a safe manner and reduce departmental liability. Learn how to ride like a pro, avoid crashes, and safely and effective patrol all corners of your beat. Course includes night operations, scenarios, basic maintenance, and on-the road repairs. Off-road riding and bike-specific live-fire exercises may be added at the instructor’s discretion.
Curriculum Overview: Security Cyclist Course Curriculum Overview
Prerequisites: Non-law enforcement patrol officer (security, code enforcement, Explorer, etc.); basic bicycle-handling skills; good physical condition
Required Equipment: Security Cyclist Course Equipment List
Testing Procedure: Written and practicalCertification: IPMBA Security Cyclist Certification is available to qualified patrol personnel who successfully complete the practical test, earn a score of 76% or better on the written test, become members of IPMBA, and submit applications for certification accompanied by the appropriate fee.