Weather-Related Cancellation or Closing
Safety is our number one priority. We make every attempt to keep the college open and operating during inclement weather. In some cases, it may be necessary to close campus entirely because of dangerous weather conditions.
If campus closes due to inclement weather:
- Online courses will continue as scheduled; more details about on-campus classes and clinicals will be available soon.
- Employees will work remotely (Harper facilities, police department and other designated essential personnel report to campus as necessary).
- Curbside services will not be offered.
Weather-related campus closes will be announced through the Harper Alert emergency notification system, Harper's website and social media channels.
Class cancellation or campus closing information typically will be available by:
- 5 a.m. for morning classes
- 10 a.m. for afternoon classes
- 3 p.m. for evening classes
For the latest information:
- Harper College on Facebook
- Pre-recorded message on Harper College's general phone number: 847.925.6000
Frequently asked questions:
If you don’t hear from us, we’re open. If campus does close, notification will be sent via text, email and/or phone call through our emergency Harper Alert system (students and employees are automatically included). If you would like to add or change a cell phone number or personal email, go to Harper Alerts and register or log in using your Harper email.
Note: Facilities, police and other designated essential employees should report to work unless otherwise notified. All other faculty and staff should not report to campus, instead working remotely, when Harper’s campuses are closed.