Promise Scholarship Program Policies
- Opportunity to earn tuition-free education at Harper College for participants who
- This program is not a right. It is an opportunity to earn a scholarship for attending
Harper College tuition free. Failure to complete a requirement will result in loss
- Award Criteria: All students who meet certain criteria with regard to attendance,
rigor, quality, persistence and service, for four consecutive years (9th thru 12th
grades) and continue through two years at Harper.
- To be eligible for the Harper Promise Scholarship program, students must be enrolled
continuously freshman through senior year in and receive a diploma from one of the
public high schools in Harper’s district (Districts 211, 214 and 220).
- Last money tuition-based scholarship that supports up to 4 semesters of full-time
enrollment at Harper College.
- High school students and parents commit to the program by December 15 of their freshman
year. Performance tracking against the criteria measures begins in the second semester
freshman year in high school.
- High school students can continue each year based on performance and student recommitment.
- Promise students continue to earn benefits semester by semester at Harper.