Seniors in High School
Congratulations on maintaining your Promise eligibility to your Senior year! You have almost completed all of the requirements to begin your first semester at Harper College tuition free.
To keep your Promise eligibility, there are certain Harper requirements that students must meet deadlines on. Below is a timeline for current Senior Promise Scholars:
August 1 - September 15 – Complete your Continuation Agreement (Link disabled because it is out of the timeline to submit the continuation agreement)
- This step will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- As a Promise Scholar, you will receive a Fee Waiver code to waive the $25 application
fee once you complete the Continuation Agreement.
September 1 - November 15 – Complete your Harper Admissions Application (don't forget to use the fee waiver code emailed to all Promise students to waive the application fee) and set up your Harper Student Email Account.
- All Promise communications will be sent to your Harper Email Account from November 15th
- Learn how to forward your email to a personal account
October 1 - December 15 – Complete your FAFSA application
- You must add Harper College to your FAFSA application using the school code 003961
- Be sure to save a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) that you will receive electronically, immediately after submitting the FAFSA. This will serve as proof that the FAFSA was completed in case Harper does not receive it.
- Beginning February, the Office of Student Financial Assistance will send email updates
with additional requirements to finish the financial aid process. These can be viewed
in your MyHarper Portal starting in February.
By January 15 – Submit your 7th semester high school transcript (Optional, but highly recommended)
- Submitting your 7th semester transcript may satisfy the College Ready requirement. Unofficial transcripts are accepted and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, as long as the transcript shows your full name. Be sure to include your Hnumber in the email you send.
- If your SAT scores are not on your high school transcript, head to CollegeBoard and log in to download a full score report. Save the report and email it to email@example.com and include your Hnumber.
- February 15 - May 15 - Complete the Financial Aid Process
- Log into your MyHarper Portal and click on the Finances button to access your Financial Aid Checklist. All steps must be completed.
- Email reminders about missing requirements will be sent to your Harper email account.
March 1 -April 30 – Attend a Promise Preview Session - Online Version available below!
- The Promise Preview Session will inform students of how to maintain their Promise eligibility throughout Harper College to earn up to two years of tuition.
- Below is the Online Version of the Promise Preview Session. Students must view all
three parts and then complete the form to get credit for attending the Preview Session.
If you need a transcript of any of the videos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Part 1 - 4 minutes
- Part 2 - 6 minutes
- Part 3 - 17 minutes
- Please click and complete the Confirmation of completing the Preview Session form- Must be completed by April 30th to get credit for attending. Students must input their Hnumber. If you do not know your Hnumber, please visit your MyHarper portal.
May 1 – July 15 – Attend New Student Orientation
June 15 – Prove College Ready
- See all the ways to prove College Ready
- Submit appropriate documentation proving your readiness. This may include a high school
transcript (7th semester or later), copy of SAT or ACT scores, other College transcripts if you have earned credit from another institution, or
- You can always check your MyHarper Portal to see if you have completed this step.
- See all the ways to prove College Ready
Mid June – Submit an appeal for extraordinary circumstances
- If you failed to meet any Promise Criteria, you will receive an email with directions on how you can submit an appeal for extraordinary circumstances.
- Deadline to submit will be provided in the Promise Preview Session.
July 15 – Submit your final High School Transcript
July 15 – Register for 15 credit hours
August 17 – Harper Classes begin
*Timeline valid for the high school class of 2020 only.