Harper College

Transfer Options

An important role of a community college is to provide plans of study to allow students to complete the requirements for the first two years of a baccalaureate degree. Harper defines these plans as transfer options. In most cases, students are better served by earning the associate in arts, associate in science, associate in engineering science, associate in fine arts—art or associate in fine arts—music before transfer. Individual baccalaureate-oriented credits earned at Harper are also transferable to other institutions of higher learning.

As a guide for students, sample plans that meet Harper degree requirements are available in Advising Services and on the Harper College website. These plans include general freshman and sophomore level coursework to prepare for transfer into specific baccalaureate majors. These guides are “samples” as transfer institution requirements may vary. Students are responsible for knowing the specific requirements of the institutions they are considering for transfer and should consult with those institutions directly.

In addition, students should see an academic advisor to discuss their transfer plans prior to registering for courses each semester. Resource materials and advising assistance are available in Harper’s Advising Services.

Last Updated: 4/3/24