Impress at the Interview
If you are required to take part in a college interview, keep these pointers in mind:
- Check the college’s policy on interviews by calling them or visiting their website.
- Prepare to be asked about your favorite subjects, future plans, why you want to attend
the college, extracurricular activities, people you admire and your strengths and
- Use the interview as two-way communication to find out more about the college. Consider
asking what orientation activities can help you transition to college and whether
there are internships in your areas of interest. Ask other questions, such as the
rate of student retention (i.e., how many students continue from one year to the next
and on to completion of their program of study), transfer rates, reasons for transfer,
- Additional questions can be found in Appendix B: Questions to Ask Admissions Representatives
on page 30. Another good idea is to ask to meet current students to get their perspectives.
- Be sure you get e-mail addresses to follow up later with any other questions you might