Improve Your Chances of Success
- Neatness counts. If you are applying by mail, make a copy of your application. Fill
in the copy and then transfer the data to the actual application.
- Spelling errors are unacceptable.
- If you are mailing your application, put your name on the top of every page even if
the application is stapled together. Different committees may look at separate parts
of the application.
- Make sure your name is the same on each part of your application.
- Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard, so colleges can acknowledge they have
received your application. Some high schools do this, but you should be prepared to
do it yourself.
- Send out several applications and keep your options open. You may not be accepted
by your first-choice school and may need to choose the next best option.