A strong start can make all of the difference for a great finish.
Harper College gives you a special opportunity to increase your academic and personal success through the Summer Scholars program. Summer Scholars is a four-week learning community that will help you increase your Math, English and Reading skills while earning college credit. Develop strong study habits and academic skills, learn about college resources for support and guidance and make long-lasting friendships and important connections. Prepare for a strong start to college this fall with Summer Scholars.
Program Overview and Benefits
Summer Scholars offers you the opportunity to:
- Earn one hour of college credit earned during the four-week program at no cost to the student
- Receive customized instruction in Math and contextualized instruction in Reading and English to help increase college placement scores
- Become familiar with campus resources
- Feel and learn what it’s like to be a college student with a community of your peers
- Meet college professors, key staff and guest speakers
- Receive help with creating academic plan containing courses to take in the fall and spring semesters
- Opportunity to earn spring semester scholarship
- Increased opportunity to be selected for One Million Degrees (OMD) Scholarship
- Exclusive access to workshops aimed at increasing college success
Summer Scholars are expected to:
- Attend and participate in classes
- Contact your high school counselor for help with:
- Enrolling at Harper College for Fall 2017
- Completing Summer Scholars application
- Completing Math Placement testing
Contact the Harper One Stop Center for help with completing Financial Aid Application (FAFSA) 847.925.6710
The Summer Scholars program is available to Harper College-bound 2017 high school graduates from one of the high schools in Districts 211, 214 or 220 that have at least one developmental college placement:
- Non-College Ready Math, English-Writing or Reading Placement
- OR, ACT English Score < 19
- OR, ACT Reading Score < 20
- OR, 7 Semesters of GPA < 3.0 in English
- July 6-August 3, 2018
- Kick-Off Meeting: July 6, 9 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Mondays – Thursdays: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Fridays: 9 a.m.-noon
- Applications will open in the Spring of 2018!*
*Admission to Summer Scholars is limited based on available space. Applications will be considered if space is available.
- Call: 847.925.6522
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org