An Accelerated, Part-time Affordable Program That Fits Your Life
Harper College is accredited by Higher Learning Commission.
- Pre-selected and pre-scheduled, allowing for more independent work
- Primarily offered in 5- to 8-week lengths, accelerating your learning
- Guaranteed with a consistent day/time simplified schedule
- Conveniently held at the Harper Professional Center (HPC) in Schaumburg or at the main Palatine campus
- Offered in a cohort format, allowing for peer support and progress
- Limited in size, allowing for personalized interactions with your instructor
Go forward even faster by inquiring about getting credit for your prior college or work experience.
Fast Track Degree
- Starts Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
Fast Track Certificates
- Health Information Technology (HIT) Medical Coding
- Starts Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
- Human Resource Management
- Starts Thursday, September 6, 2018.
- Supply Chain Management
- Starts Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
Fast Track Completion
- Health Information Technology (HIT) Medical Coding "Completion"
- Starts Tuesday, August 7, 2018.
Fast Track Admission Requirements
Acceptance into the Fast Track program requires prospective students to complete the general Harper Application for Admission plus the following:
- Meet with a Fast Track Counselor to discuss the program in detail and determine if it meets your educational and career goals. Any prior credit that can apply to the program requirements will also be discussed.
- Complete English and Math placement testing, or have prior credit, for those interested
in the AAS degree only (certificates do not require these placement tests).
- English placement minimum score is 4.0 (essay).
- Math placement minimum score is 14 (ALEKS).
- Attend the mandatory orientation night for your desired program
Students with prior college credit at Harper or another institution must have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better to enter Fast Track. Exceptions to this requirement can be made on a case-by-case basis.
Tuition and Payment
Tuition and fees are paid each semester or on a course-by-course basis. Estimated tuition and fees for current Fast Track programs are:
- AAS-BA Degree: Approximately $9,600
- Health Information Technology (HIT) Medical Coding Certificate: Approximately $3,000
- HIT Medical Coding "Completion": Approximately $1,500
- Human Resource Management Certificate: Approximately $2,900
- Supply Chain Management Certificate: Approximately $4,700
Your actual costs may vary. Tuition rates for all Fast Track programs are based on Harper College's tuition and fees schedule. These estimates are based on in-district rates and assume an individual follows the entire program of study. Books and other course supply fees are not included.
Paying for College
- All Fast Track programs are financial aid eligible.
- You may qualify for financial aid or scholarships.
- The Business EdVantage program allows people who live outside of Harper's district, but work in-district organization, to take college credit courses at in-district rates.
Services to Help You Succeed
Take advantage of the many benefits offered to Harper College students including services provided at the main campus and the Harper Professional Center (HPC):
- On-site academic counseling at the Harper Professional Center helps students with course selection, long-term academic planning, and transfer information.
- Career Development Center
- Computer Lab (HPC and main campus)
- Job Placement Resource Center
- Academic Support Centers provide free assistance in areas such as accounting, math and English.
Fast Track courses, support services and academic counseling are offered at:
Harper Professional Center (HPC)
650 E. Higgins Road, Suite 9S
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Transfer to Complete Your Bachelor's
Harper partners with colleges and universities that offer nontraditional, online programs, and/or on-campus adult-friendly degree completion programs to allow you to transfer quickly and complete your bachelor's degree. Specific transfer agreements with Fast Track's AAS BA degree are listed here. College and university representatives are on-site multiple times each semester to meet with you and answer your questions. Degree requirements vary by school.