Welcome to Harper College ESL
To start taking English courses follow these steps.
- Select Credit Student when applying. ESL classes are credit classes.
- Pay a $25 application fee.
- Write down your Harper I.D. number.
- Save your username and password.
- Allow two business days for processing.
2. Then schedule your testing appointment on the Harper College student portal under My Plan -> Academic Support Resources. See instructions for more information.
3. On the day of your appointment,
- you should arrive early to check in.
- bring a photo I.D.
- you will take 2 tests: Writing and Reading.
- you will meet with an advisor or teacher for a short interview and then select your classes.
- you will be able to register and pay for classes.
Testing for the Fall semester (August-December) is offered July to Mid-October.
Testing for the Spring semester (January-May) is offered Mid-November to Mid-March
Testing for the Summer semester (May/June-July) is offered Mid-April to May