Welcome to Harper College ESL
To start taking English courses follow these steps.
1. First, please complete a Harper College Application. For application questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select Credit Student when applying. ESL classes are tuition-based credit classes. Click here for costs.
- Pay a $25 application fee. Contact us if you need help paying this fee.
- Write down your Harper I.D. number.
2. Schedule your free ESL testing appointment.
Make your appointment on-line on MyHarper Student Portal under Academic Success.
You will have the option to test online (recommended for Fall 2021 classes) or in person.
3. Attend your testing appointment
- Take placement tests in reading and writing
- Meet with a teacher for an interview
- Select your classes
4. Register and pay for your classes. Information about financial aid and the payment plan is available from our One-Stop Center in A250.