Resources for Student Organizations
How to start a new student club or organization
To start a new Harper College student club or organization, you must:
- Obtain a petition form and sample constitution from Student Engagement, Building A, Room A336, or request one by email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have a minimum of seven students who are committed to joining the club, attending club meetings, and club activities.
- Gain the interest and commitment of a faculty or staff advisor who will support the club by attending meetings, overseeing club activities, and completing club administrative responsibilities.
- Draw up a constitution using a sample form.
- All items above must be submitted to Student Engagement. If the constitution is approved, the proposed organization will then be considered by the Student Government for formal recognition.
- Download this step-by-step guide.
- Download new student club application.