SAFE @ Harper - Staff, Administrators, and Faculty for Equality
SAFE @ Harper works to provide leadership on aspects of College life from an LGBTQIA+ employee perspective in order to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment for full participation in teaching and service by all employees, regardless of employee group, sexual orientation, or gender identity
- SAFE will work to promote personal and professional networking and career advancement opportunities for LGBTQIA+ employees on campus
- SAFE will work to foster a welcoming and supportive environment on campus for all employees who identify as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community
- SAFE will advocate for LGBTQIA+ employees by providing education to the college community and increasing campus awareness regarding LGBTQIA+ concerns
- SAFE will seek to advance and retain LGBTQIA+ employees at Harper College
A SAFEzone is a confidential place (or person) where all people can bring their authentic selves and feel safe, welcomed, and included. The SAFEzone Training at Harper College aims to increase the awareness, knowledge, and skills for individuals to address the challenges that exist when one wants to advocate for their LGBTQIA+, inclusive of gender identity and gender expression, peers, family members, friends, coworkers, and for themselves.
At the completion of the training, each attendee will receive a certificate with a SAFEzone ally logo that identifies you as a trained advocate. You will also receive exclusive Harper branding SAFEzone pins and a magnet. Refreshments will be served.
- Facilitator: SAFE @ Harper Employee Resource Group
Our partner: https://outalliance.org/
For more information, email email@example.com