Employee Resource Groups
Employee Resources Groups (ERGS) are voluntary groups of employees who are a member
of a historically under-represented group. ERGS support college campuses by:
- Helping to build community
- Improving recruitment and retention of diverse employees
- Fostering an inclusive environment
- Educating campus leadership on pertinent topics
ERG’s at Harper are under the leadership of Dr. Tamara Johnson and the Office of Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion. Organizations in higher education and the private sector have
a long history of partnering with ERGs as a way to build community and to improve
recruitment and retention of diverse talent.
- LAND — Learning about Abilities, not Disabilities
LAND serves as a support network for employees who have disabilities or use accommodations
for access and provides campus awareness about the challenges and opportunities that
employees with disabilities encounter on campus. LAND was established in 2014.
- SAFE @ Harper — Staff, Administrators, and Faculty for Equality
SAFE works to provide leadership on aspects of College life from an LGBTQIA+ employee
perspective in order to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment for full
participation in teaching and service by all employees, regardless of employee group,
sexual orientation, or gender identity. SAFE was established in 2014.