North Suburban Cook County American Job Center
Career Training and Job Search Support
Harper College is a partner in the North Suburban Cook County American Job Center. The Center offers job-seekers and employers access to a broad range of employment, training, education, economic development and labor market services.
- Educational goal planning and career guidance
- Career-related workshops in person and online
- Job search and application assistance
- Career Assessments
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Interview technique guidance
- Job search boards
- Internet access
- Fax machines
A variety of career-related workshops are held throughout the year in-person and online.
- LinkedIn Training Webinar presented by Harper College FREE
- Everyone wants their profile to standout on LinkedIn. During this online training you will learn what’s needed in a LinkedIn profile so people can find you easily. We will cover the components that give you the most bang for your buck!
- More Events: virtual job fairs, basic computer training, and more.
Harper College is an approved provider of WIOA-certified grant funded programs for unemployed or underemployed people who need additional training, career-focused certificates leading to college or industry-recognized credentials needed to re-enter the workforce.
Individuals who are unemployed, meet federal low income guidelines, work in a declining industry or occupation, are part of a mass layoff, or qualify as a displaced homemaker, may qualify for WIOA grant funding to pay for State-approved programs.
This Harper College office is at the North Suburban Cook County American Job Center, located at:
1400 South Wolf Road - Suite 200
Wheeling, IL 60090
Click here to schedule an appointment!