General Education Learning Outcomes
Encourage students to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes required of all educated individuals.
The general education learning outcomes are achieved as a result of successful completion of the general education requirements for any degree program. The outcomes state that upon completion of a degree program, the student should be able to effectively:
Communicate information and concepts in oral and written formats.
- Status: Follow-up assessment conducted spring 2017, with the next full assessment to be conducted spring 2019.
Use evidence to develop arguments, make decisions, and evaluate outcomes.
- Status: Assessment being conducted in spring 2018; results available summer 2018.
Diverse Perspectives and Cultures
Examine diverse perspectives and cultures as they relate to the individual, the community, and the global society.
- Status: Improvement Plan created 2017-18, to be implemented beginning fall 2018.
Apply a variety of credible sources to support a given topic.
- Status: Follow-Up assessment being conducted in spring 2018; results available summer 2018.
Use quantitative analytical skills to interpret and evaluate problems.
- Status: Improvement Plan implemented beginning 2017-18.