Online Tutoring Information (Summer 2021)
The Writing Center will have appointments and walk-ins available in Summer 2021.
The Writing Center has 50-minute appointments available
- Mondays - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Tuesdays - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Wednesdays - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Thursdays - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Fridays - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
To make an appointment,
- Log in to your MyHarper Student Portal
- Click on Academic Success
- Click on Schedule a Writing Appointment
The Writing Center has 25-minute drop-in sessions available
- Mondays - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Tuesdays - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Wednesdays - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Thursdays - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Fridays - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
To join a drop-in tutoring session,
- Click on Live Chat (above)
- Chat with the Front Desk -- they will ask you questions about your Harper ID number and the course you're looking for help with
- Click on the link in the chat to join the tutoring session (you may have to wait -- the Writing Center helps students in the order they join the drop-in line)
The Writing Center provides writing support for all Harper students in all Harper courses to help students gain skills and strategies to develop into stronger, more confident writers.
During sessions, students and tutors have a conversation about students' writing and their writing goals. Students and tutors work together to help students.
- Understand assignments
- Brainstorm ideas
- Create outlines
- Learn to find and properly cite sources
- Discuss writing in different disciplines
Types of Sessions
At this time, The Writing Center offers only appointments.
Appointments can be scheduled for 50 minutes. Students and tutors will meet
- Online through Blackboard Collaborate
There are no walk-ins available at this time.
Writing Center For more information, please call 847.925.6539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call 847.925.6539 or email email@example.com