Fall 2021 Hours
The Writing Center has 60 minute appointments available in-person at the Academic Support Center and online and 30 minute drop-ins available online this semester.
|On-Campus||Appointment||8:00 am to 2:00 pm||12:00 pm to 6:00 pm||12:00 pm to 6:00 pm||8:00 am to 2:00 pm|
|Online||Appointment||8:00 am to 8:00 pm||8:00 am to 8:00 pm||8:00 am to 8:00 pm||8:00 am to 8:00 pm||8:00 am to 4:30 pm||9:00 am to 2:00 pm|
|Drop-In||8:00 am to 4:30 pm||8:00 am to 4:30 pm||8:00 am to 4:30 pm||8:00 am to 4:30 pm||8:00 am to 4:30 pm|
Making an Appointment
To make an appointment to meet in-person at the Academic Support Center, you can
- Call the Academic Support Center at (847) 925-6539
- Stop by the Academic Support Center in F 110
- Use the Live Chat (above) to talk to the Front Desk during our regularly scheduled hours
To make an appointment to meet online, you can follow the steps listed above for on-campus tutoring, or you can schedule an appointment through your MyHarper Student Portal.
To schedule an appointment through the MyHarper Student Portal,
- Log in to your MyHarper Student Portal
- Click on Academic Success
- Click on Schedule a Tutoring Appointment
Appointments scheduled through the MyHarper Student Portal must be scheduled at least 12 hours in advance.
On-campus drop-ins are not available at this time.
To join a drop-in tutoring session,
- Click on Live Chat (above)
- Chat with the Front Desk -- they will ask you questions about your Harper ID number and the course you're looking for help with
- Click on the link in the chat to join the tutoring session (you may have to wait - drop-ins are first come, first served)
The Writing Center provides writing support for all Harper students in all Harper courses to help students gain skills and strategies to develop into stronger, more confident writers.
During sessions, students and tutors have a conversation about students' writing and their writing goals. Students and tutors work together to help students.
- Understand assignments
- Brainstorm ideas
- Create outlines
- Learn to find and properly cite sources
- Discuss writing in different disciplines
Types of Sessions
At this time, The Writing Center offers only appointments.
Appointments can be scheduled for 50 minutes. Students and tutors will meet
- Online through a platform of the tutor's choosing
Drop-ins are first come, first served. They usually last about 25 minutes.
Writing Center For more information, please call 847.925.6539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call 847.925.6539 or email email@example.com