Online Tutoring Information (Summer 2020)
The Writing Center has 50-minute appointments available
- Mondays - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Tuesdays - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Wednesdays - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Thursdays - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Fridays - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
To make an appointment,
- Log in to your MyHarper Student Portal
- Click on Academic Success
- Click on Schedule a Writing Appointment
The Writing Center also offers drop-ins Monday - Thursday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
To get started with a drop-in session, click here.
The Writing Center provides writing support for all Harper students in all Harper courses to help students gain skills and strategies to develop into stronger, more confident writers.
During sessions, students and tutors have a conversation about students' writing and their writing goals. Students and tutors work together to help students.
- Understand assignments
- Brainstorm ideas
- Create outlines
- Learn to find and properly cite sources
- Discuss writing in different disciplines
Types of Sessions
At this time, The Writing Center offers only appointments.
Appointments can be scheduled for 50 minutes. Students and tutors will meet
- Online through Blackboard Collaborate
There are no walk-ins available at this time.
Writing Center For more information, please call 847.925.6539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call 847.925.6539 or email email@example.com