The Writing Center provides writing support for all Harper students in all Harper courses to help students gain skills and strategies to develop into stronger, more confident writers.
During sessions, students and tutors have a conversation about students' writing and their writing goals. Students and tutors work together to help students
- Understand assignments
- Brainstorm ideas
- Create outlines
- Learn to find and properly cite sources
- Discuss writing in different disciplines
Types of Sessions
The Writing Center offers both appointments and walk-ins.
Appointments can be scheduled for 25 or 50 minutes. Students and tutors can meet
- Face-to-face at the Academic Support Center
- Online through Blackboard Collaborate
- Over the phone
Students are strongly encouraged to make appointments to guarantee that they have a specific time reserved with a tutor.
Walk-ins are 25 minutes and are available on a first come, first served basis. Walk-ins are available face-to-face at the Academic Support Center.
Hours, Location, and Contact Information
The Writing Center is open
- Monday through Thursday - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday - 9:00 am to 2:00 pm (by appointment only)
The Writing Center is located in the Academic Support Center below the library in F 110.
To make an appointment, stop by the ASC or call (847) 925-6796.