Become a massage therapist
Massage therapy is an up-and-coming allied health care profession. Massage therapists are employed in diverse professional settings, from chiropractic and rehabilitation settings to health and beauty spas and fitness centers. Many therapists own their own businesses as well as travel to on-site locations. Part-time supplemental employment as well as full-time careers are possible in this diverse profession.
The Massage Therapy program at Harper College will teach you techniques for both relaxation and rehabilitative massage. You'll learn from experienced instructors in lecture, lab and Harper's on-site Massage Therapy Teaching Clinic, which gives you a chance to work with real-world clients in a supportive, instructive environment.
This program can be completed as quickly as 11 months. Class schedules are available during the day or as an evening/Saturday option. This program prepares you for the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx).
Earn a professional certificate
Prepare for a career in health care through a certificate program.
- Catalog Course Descriptions
- Admissions Process for the Massage Therapy Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Functional Abilities Required for Harper College Health Careers Division
- Functional Abilities Required for Massage Therapy Program
- Massage Therapy Clinic
- Student Organizations
- Job Placement Resource Center
- Overview of the Massage Therapy Program and Profession - video -
- Massage Therapy Program Admission/Enrollment Process - video -
For more information about starting your college education at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.