Status Start Term (Take MTP 100) Application Window
Accepting Applications Summer 2022 December 1, 2021 - July 1, 2022
For those interested in pursuing a career in Massage Therapy, Harper College's Massage Therapy Certificate is a great launching pad for your new career! Prospective students can contact the Program Coordinator Jeremy Miller at email@example.com to arrange a tour, ask questions or to discuss the profession or program.
- Review the Massage Therapy program video
- Learn about admission requirements
- Submit a credit-course application to Harper if you have not done so already
- Summer 2022 Registration Permit Form
- Complete a Criminal History Background check through the Harper College Police Department, located in Building B, near parking lot 14 on the west side of campus near the Wojcik Conference Center. When filling out the request form, indicate that the background check is being requested for the Massage Therapy Program. (There is a $20 fee for this which must be paid online through the Harper PD's website.) Results typically are received in about 10 business days.
- Have your Official High School transcript sent to Harper. This can often be done quickly using the online transcript service Parchment or simply calling the High School and ask that your Official Transcript be sent to Harper College. Note - If obtaining your transcript is a difficult hurdle (for example you completed high school with a GED, home-schooling, outside of the US, etc.), contact the Program Coordinator and we can work with you to meet this requirement another way.
- Submit a copy of your vaccination card. There are two different vaccination requirements we must meet, one for the Harper College Health Careers Division and one for Governor's Pritzker's vaccine mandate for all IL college and university students and staff. Contact the Program Coordinator for the simple instructions how to meet the Health Careers division requirement. For the Governor's requirement, once you have officially registered for the Intro course, you will receive an email from the college with instructions on how to upload your vaccination document to the college's secure system.
- Once you have completed these steps and been accepted into the College itself and the Massage Therapy Program, you can register for the MTP 100 - Introduction to Massage Therapy course, the one-week prerequisite course. More information is available about that on this page.
Hear the Program Coordinator discuss these steps in this Massage Therapy Admissions Process - video
Questions / Need Help?
At any time you can contact the Program Coordinator Jeremy Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask questions or get help with these steps. We look forward to working with you!