Academic Recognition Award
The Harper College Academic Recognition Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship of $1,000 per year (for 2 years). Approximately 25 scholarships will be awarded to exemplary students who are 2019-2020 high school graduates within Community College District #512. The scholarship award begins Fall 2020.
Friday, May 1, 2020.
Students must apply to Harper College and submit the Academic Recognition Scholarship Application, including BOTH required attachments.
Please review the following important information:
The Academic Recognition Scholarship student must be an incoming freshman who is a 2019-2020 high school graduate within Community College District #512.
To be eligible, the student must meet one of the following three requirements:
- a minimum 1220 SAT total score with minimum individual test scores of 530 in math
and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing
- a 25 ACT Composite score with minimum individual test scores of 22 in math, 20 in
reading and 19 in English
- a minimum 3.0/4.0 high school GPA** with minimum individual SAT test scores of 530 in math and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing or ACT test scores of 22 in math, 20 in reading, and 19 in English
** Note: A cumulative GPA is inclusive of dual credit and/or prior credit accepted in transfer at the College.
- Complete the Harper College Admissions Application. If you have taken a dual credit course at Harper College; do not reapply for admission. Please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6230.
- Complete the Academic Recognition Scholarship Application. The following information
is required to be submitted as part of the online application. Incomplete applications
will not be accepted.
- ACT composite score and subscores and/or SAT total score and section scores
- Sixth semester high school transcripts
- Must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher. A cumulate GPA is
inclusive of Dual Credit and/or prior credit accepted in transfer at Harper College.
- Must maintain full-time status of at least 12 credit hours during both the fall and spring semesters within the academic year.
For more information on the Academic Recognition Scholarship, please contact Harper College Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6230.