Academic Recognition Scholarship
The Harper College Academic Recognition Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship of $1,000 per year (for 2 years). Approximately 25 scholarships will be awarded to exemplary students who are 2018-2019 academic year graduates from high schools within Community College District #512, which includes High School Districts 211, 214 and 220. Home school students are not eligible.
Applications for 2019-2020 are no longer being accepted.
Students must apply to Harper College and submit the Academic Recognition Scholarship Application, including BOTH required attachments.
Please review the following important information:
The Academic Recognition Scholarship is available during the Fall semester following the student’s high school graduation and the recipient must be an incoming Harper freshman from High School Districts 211, 214 and 220.
To be eligible, the student must meet one of the following three requirements:
- a minimum 1220 SAT total score with minimum individual test scores of 530 in math
and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing
- a 25 ACT Composite score with minimum individual test scores of 22 in math, 20 in
reading and 19 in English
- a minimum 3.0/4.0 high school GPA** with minimum individual SAT test scores of 530 in math and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing or ACT test scores of 22 in math, 20 in reading, and 19 in English
** Note: A cumulative GPA is inclusive of dual credit and/or prior credit accepted in transfer at the College.
Recipients must maintain a 2.75 Harper GPA and be enrolled in 12 credit hours for each semester. Failure to meet any of the criteria will result in a loss of the scholarship.
- Complete the Harper College Admissions Application. If you have taken a dual credit course at Harper College; do not reapply for admission. Please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6230.
- Complete the Academic Recognition Scholarship Application. The following information
is required to be submitted as part of the online application. Incomplete applications
will not be accepted.
- ACT composite score and subscores and/or SAT total score and section scores
- Sixth semester high school transcripts
For more information on the Academic Recognition Scholarship, please contact Harper College Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6230.