Academic Recognition Award
The Harper College Academic Recognition Award is a merit-based scholarship of $1,000 per year (for 2 years) awarded to 25 exemplary students who are 2017-2018 academic year graduates from high schools within Community College District #512, which includes High School Districts 211, 214 and 220.
The application deadline has passed for 2018-2019.
Students must apply to Harper College and submit the Academic Recognition Award Application, including BOTH required attachments.
Please review the following important information:
The Academic Recognition Award is available during the Fall semester following the student’s high school graduation and the recipient must be an incoming Harper freshman from an in-district high school.
To be considered, the student is required to apply and have earned:
- a minimum 1220 SAT total score with minimum individual test scores of 530 in math and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing AND/OR
- a 25 ACT Composite score with minimum individual test scores of 22 in math, 20 in reading and 19 in English AND/OR
- a minimum 3.0/4.0 high school GPA** with minimum individual SAT test scores of 530 in math and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing or ACT test scores of 22 in math, 20 in reading, and 19 in English.
** Note: A cumulative GPA is inclusive of Dual Credit and/or prior credit accepted in transfer at the College.
Students must meet the above stated criteria to be considered. Students will be selected by a search committee based on a point system (GPA, SAT score, ACT score, honors classes, or AP classes).
Recipients must maintain a 2.75 Harper GPA and be enrolled in 12 credit hours for each semester. Failure to meet any of the criteria will result in a loss of the scholarship.
- Complete the Harper College Admissions Application. If you have taken a dual credit course: do not reapply for admission, please contact the Admissions Office at 847.925.6230
- Complete the Academic Recognition Award Application. The following information is
required to be submitted as part of the online application. Incomplete applications
will not be accepted.
- ACT composite score and subscores and/or SAT total score and section scores
- Sixth semester high school transcripts
For more information on the Academic Recognition Award, please contact the Harper College Admissions Office at 847.925.6230.