Academic Recognition Award
The Harper College Academic Recognition Award is a merit-based scholarship of $1,000 per year (for 2 years) awarded to 25 exemplary students who are 2017-2018 academic year graduates from high schools within Community College District #512, which includes High School Districts 211, 214 and 220.
Thursday, March 1, 2018
Students must apply to Harper College and submit the Academic Recognition Award Application, including BOTH required attachments.
Please review the following important information:
The Academic Recognition Award is available during the Fall semester following the student’s high school graduation and the recipient must be an incoming Harper freshman from an in-district high school.
To be considered, the student is required to apply and have earned:
- a minimum 1220 SAT total score with minimum individual test scores of 530 in math and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing AND/OR
- a 25 ACT Composite score with minimum individual test scores of 22 in math, 20 in reading and 19 in English AND/OR
- a minimum 3.0/4.0 high school GPA** with minimum individual SAT test scores of 530 in math and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing or ACT test scores of 22 in math, 20 in reading, and 19 in English.
** Note: A cumulative GPA is inclusive of Dual Credit and/or prior credit accepted in transfer at the College.
Students must meet the above stated criteria to be considered. Students will be selected by a search committee based on a point system (GPA, SAT score, ACT score, honors classes, or AP classes).
Recipients must maintain a 2.75 Harper GPA and be enrolled in 12 credit hours for each semester. Failure to meet any of the criteria will result in a loss of the scholarship.
- Complete the Harper College Admissions Application. If you have taken a dual credit course: do not reapply for admission, please contact the Admissions Office at 847.925.6230
- Complete the Academic Recognition Award Application. The following information is
required to be submitted as part of the online application. Incomplete applications
will not be accepted.
- ACT composite score and subscores and/or SAT total score and section scores
- Sixth semester high school transcripts
For more information on the Academic Recognition Award, please contact the Harper College Admissions Office at 847.925.6230.