Have Used Veterans Benefits at Harper
Use this checklist if you have previously used Veterans benefits at Harper College. Please submit all requested documents to the One Stop, Room A250, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 847.925.6928.
Provide Copies of All Certificates of Eligibility for any Benefit(s)
- If you are using the Illinois National Guard Grant, you are required to reapply for the benefit and we require a new Certificate of Eligibility every academic year.
- If interested in the Illinois National Guard Grant, complete the online application on the Illinois Student Assistance Commission's website at isac.org.
- Reapply for Tuition Assistance and submit an authorization form each semester.
Explore your Eligibility for Additional Financial Assistance (optional)
- Review and apply online for Harper College Donor Sponsored and Institutional Scholarships, and External Scholarships.
- Complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Use Harper College's School Code 003961.
- Additional assistance is available through grants, student employment and federal loans.
Meet with an Academic Advisor and Submit an Academic Plan
Register for Classes
- Submit the online Veterans Enrollment Confirmation (VEC) form.
- VECs must be submitted after registration each semester you intend to utilize benefits.
- Students that utilize tuition-specific benefits will NOT need to arrange payment methods at time of registration, however, there may still
be an outstanding balance for which the student is financially responsible. Those
utilizing Veterans benefits not listed below will be responsible for committing to a payment method at time of registration:
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment
- Illinois Veterans Grant
- Illinois National Guard Grant
- MIA/POW Scholarship
- Military Tuition Assistance
- Review these important Disclosures for Veterans Educational Assistance Programs.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Explore Veterans Services