NLN Entrance Exam
The NLN Entrance Exam is available for Harper College students only. The NLN exam is used for entrance in the Nursing (RN), Practical Nursing Certificate, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and Radiologic Technology programs. It is the student's responsibility to adhere to the NLN practices which may change from year to year. It is suggested that students first attend a Health Career Program Information Session before registering for the test.
The NLN exam is a computer-based exam that contains three sections: verbal ability, mathematics and science. The testing session lasts approximately two hours. Each section of the test is timed.
- The verbal ability section assesses word knowledge, reading comprehension, and critical thinking.
- The math section measures mathematical problem solving which will include integers, conversions, fractions, decimals, algebra and geometry.
- The science section tests knowledge in general biology, human anatomy and physiology, chemistry and physics.
NLN Pre-Entrance Exam Preparation Course
Harper offers Continuing Education courses to help you prepare for the NLN (National League of Nursing) entrance exam).
Upcoming course information:
- Course: NLN Pre-Entrance Exam Preparation (LAH0242-001)
- CRN: 50002
- Course Schedule: January 9, 2018 - January 30, 2018, Tuesday/Thursday, 6:00 PM-9:00 PM
- Room: Building W (Wojcik), room 218
- Tuition: $229
- Fees: $0
Test Prep Materials
- Official NLN PAX Prep Online Publication. This online resource is made available through the NLN website, providing 60 days of content access for $15.00 per subject area. PAX study strategies, content-specific review guides and practice questions are included with the purchase. Materials are made available for examinees with an NLN online account only.
The NLN exam is administered in the Testing Center, Building A, Room A148.
The NLN exam is offered on the dates listed below, subject to space availability. Those interested in reserving a seat in one of the following test sessions must register and pay online prior to the exam date.
|Monday, February 26, 2018||10:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday, February 27, 2018||1:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, February 28. 2018||10:00 a.m.|
|Thursday, March 1, 2018||10:00 a.m.|
|Friday, March 2, 2018||10:00 a.m.|
|Monday, March 5, 2018||1:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, March 6, 2018||1:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, March 7, 2018||1:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, March 8, 2018||10:00 a.m.|
|Friday, March 9, 2018||1:00 p.m.|
|Monday, March 12, 2018||10:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday, March 13, 2018||10:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday, March 14, 2018||10:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday, March 20, 2018||1:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, March 29, 2018||1:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, April 10, 2018||1:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, April 19, 2018||10:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday, April 25, 2018||1:00 p.m.|
Exam registration and payment occurs directly on the NLN website.
In order to register, you will need to create an NLN account that will be used to register for the exam, take the exam, and eventually view your scores. It's very important that you remember your NLN login credentials.
Registration closes 48 hours prior to the exam date. Please review registration instructions .PDF
The total cost of the exam is $62.
- At registration, you will pay a non-refundable fee of $39.
- On exam day you will pay an additional $23 at the Harper College Testing Center.
On the day of the exam you are required to:
- arrive 15 minutes early
- bring your Harper College photo ID
- know your NLN Exam account username and password information
- be ready to pay the $23 fee (credit card or check preferred). All exam fees are non-refundable.
To reschedule your exam, email email@example.com
Effective July 1, 2017 rescheduling 2 weeks or more in advance will result in a $25 rescheduling fee. Rescheduling an exam less than 2 weeks before the scheduled exam date will result in a $39 rescheduling fee.