Physical Education Teacher Endorsement
Expand your career opportunity by preparing for the PK-12 Physical Education Teacher Endorsement Certificate.
Once you hold a Professional Educator License (PEL) or Educator License with Stipulations endorsed in a teaching field, you can add additional content area endorsements. Endorsements make you a stronger candidate and expand your teaching opportunities. This program prepares you to take the ISBE Physical Education (144/213) test.
- Online, on-campus and blended formats
- Complete certificate with 6 courses, 18-semester hours, in 3 semesters
- Accredited by Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Meets Illinois State Board of Education requirements
- Led by highly qualified faculty holding master's and doctoral degrees
- Applicable to any grade level, even if underlying teaching endorsement on the PEL is different grade range
- Tuition is a fraction of the cost of other colleges
- KIN 200 Introduction to the Field of Kinesiology
- KIN 236 Functional Anatomy
- KIN 224 Sociology and Sports
- KIN 220 Introduction to Coaching
- KIN 223 Sports Psychology
- KIN 230 Exercise Science
For more information about teaching endorsement prep courses at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.