Social Sciences Lab (Bldg J165B)
The Social Sciences Lab provides students access to six computers with computer-assisted
learning programs, perception/sensation software, and SPSS statistical analysis software
Harper College Library Psychology Resources
- PsycARTICLES (requires Harper ID)
Research database containing approximately 150,000 full-text, peer-reviewed scholarly
and scientific articles in psychology from over 70 journals published by the American
Psychological Association (APA), its imprint the Educational Publishing Foundation
(EPF), and from allied organizations including the Canadian Psychology Association
and Hogrefe Publishing Group.
- PsycINFO (requires Harper ID)
Research database containing more than 2 million citations and summaries of scholarly
journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, all in psychology and related
disciplines, dating as far back as the 1800s. 97 percent of the covered material is
peer-reviewed. Journal coverage, which spans 1887 to present, includes international
material selected from nearly 2,000 periodicals in more than 25 languages. Provided
by the American Psychological Association (APA).
Using APA Style
APA Style Manuals
Formatting Guidelines and Citation References
Psychology Websites and News
- American Psychological Association - The largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in
the United States. APA is the world's largest association of psychologists, with more
than 137,000 researchers, educators, clinicians, consultants and students as its members.
- APA Journals - Overviews and tables of contents of all the scientific journals published by the
American Psychological Association.
- Association for Psychological Science - Non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of scientific psychology and
to promote, protect, and advance the interests of scientifically oriented psychology
in research, application, teaching, and the improvement of human welfare.
- PsyBlog - Psychology studies relevant to everyday life.
- PsychCentral - Internet's largest and oldest independent mental health and psychology network
providing over 160 support groups.