Provide experiences that support the ongoing needs of our diverse student community through purposeful interactions and college-wide responsiveness to meet student goals.
This goal encompasses the entire experience, from first contact to completion of goals, for all Harper College students. Regardless of their reasons for attending, all students will receive equitable and responsive support, both in and out of the classroom. All Harper College employees will provide experiences college-wide that engage all students as active partners in their success.
Goal Targets 2016-2019
- Identify technology to streamline, prioritize, and redesign communication channels and centralize student engagement touchpoints by June 2017.
- Identify a Culture of Care Model for the College by December 2017.
- Create a visual Roadmap for all degree- and certificate-seeking students noting key student touchpoints with
the institution from Day 1 through the end of the first term by June 2018.
- Evaluate texting as a tool to improve communications with students.
- Implement Culture of Care activities for students and employees by June 2019.
Defined the Culture of Care: As a Harper community, through our actions we embrace that everyone is important. You MATTER, We CARE.
Created a video in spring 2019 on key services and forms of support at Harper. Piloted the video in spring/summer 2019, with a full scale launch in fall 2019.
Launched texting pilot with academic advisors, faculty, and Student Communications. Pilot showed some positive results, with increased persistence and financial aid form completion for students who received text messages.
Held a variety of Culture of Care activities for students and employees.