American Sign Language (ASL) Club
Students from ASL class participate in events and community service sponsored by the ASL Club. Social events provide exposure to ASL, Deaf culture and the Deaf community.
About Harper’s American Sign Language (ASL) Club
ASL Club is a fun way to learn and practice American Sign Language with fellow students and community members through conversation, volunteering, games, and activities.
Our mission is to increase awareness of Deaf culture and the Deaf community. Examples of ASL Club activities include:
- Volunteering at the annual DeaFEST in partnership with DeafNation and the Kimball Hall Family Deaf Institute
- Participating in Harper’s first annual Adaptive Sports Day
- Hosting ASL-related activities on campus and in the community
For more information about ASL Club:
- Join our email list to stay up-to-date on meetings and activities
- Follow our Harper College ASL Club News & Events Facebook page
How to Join Us
Meeting Days and Frequency: Fall 2021 tbd
Advisor: Thom Lange
Advisor email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student club members must be currently enrolled in credit classes. Please email the advisor(s) directly for membership and meeting information.