Veterans and Military-Connected Students
Veterans and Military-Connected Informational Sessions
Join Harper College for one of our upcoming free informational sessions for Veterans and Military-Connected individuals (i.e. active duty, reservists, and depdendents). Learn about educational opportunities at Harper and how to make the most of your benefits.
Tuesday, February 20, 5-7 p.m., Building Y, Room Y203c. Register here.
Tuesday, March 20, 5-7 p.m., Building Y, Room Y203c. Register here.
Tuesday, April 17, 5-7 p.m., Building Y, Room Y203c. Register here.
Center for Student Veterans and Military-Connected Students Provides Resources to Veterans and Active-Duty Students, Spouses and Dependents
The Center is a place for student veterans to connect with other student veterans
to share information, experiences, and ideas in adjusting from military life to student.
Many veterans find the Center as a place where they can freely talk to other student veterans about VA benefits, classes, and overall transition from military to civilian. The Center also provide other services and resources, such as:
- Information on various Veteran scholarships
- Dedicated Veterans Lounge with study area, computer and printer
- SVA (Student Veterans Association)
- Central source of communication to student veterans
- Student, Academic and Career Programming
- Referrals to Student Resources, Services and Student Life
- Referrals to local Veteran assistance organizations
- Individual student advocacy
- VA work study program
Veterans Resources at Harper
2018 Military Friendly® School
- College credit for military service
- FAQs on veteran services
- Federal and state benefits for veterans
- Financial aid for veterans
- Student Veterans' Association
- Tools and resources
- Veterans Center
- Veterans enrollment confirmation
For more information, visit the Center for Student Veterans and Military-Connected Students in Building A.